Use this plugin to display the featured image for any post or page in your sidebar. When a featured image hasn’t explicitly been set you have the option to use an image that was uploaded with the post/page. If that fails the plugin can use a random image.
The Featured Image Widget can be downloaded from the WordPress plugin repository or from WordPress’ built in plugin installer by searching for Featured Image Widget.
It’s dead simple:
- Upload the plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Browse to Appearance->Widgets, add the widget, and configure the options
- Widget will now automatically grab the featured image of the parent page is no featured image is defined.
- Choose which image size gets displayed
- First version, no special options